Sunday, January 9, 2011

DeClutter, Gratitude and Negativity

well, the declutter is well on its way. I tackled the 'looks like a mob of 3 year olds have been living in here unsupervised for 3 months' bedroom today, and it feels good. I am getting things done!

I am typing this and watching the Qld flood appeal. It is both heartening and heartbreaking to watch. Heartening to see that so many Australians are getting behind fellow Aussies, and donating to this cause to help them get back on their feet (as much as you can help). It's heartbreaking to see the footage of people being picked up from their homes via helicopter, knowing that it wont be there when they get back. Heartbreaking to see farmers whose crops and livestock are gone, their homes and their lively hood are gone, and yet they will recover somehow. I will go to bed grateful that I have my own warm, safe bed to sleep in.

My final thoughts tonight touch on negativity. I had to remind myself in the last couple of days that some people just can't be 'uplifted'. They always have a reason, an excuse, for remaining in their negative frame of mind. You say something to help them, and they shoot you down, you suggest something else, and there is something wrong with that idea aswell. Their situation is always 'different' and 'harder' than everyone elses. I realised that before long they are dragging you down with them. That you are now spending so much time trying to come up with things to help them, that you have lost hours on what you should have been focussing on for yourself, your loved ones, or your business.

So I sign off tonight with many revelations.

Tk

No comments:

Post a Comment