Thursday, January 13, 2011

Declutter continues, tradgedy unfolds and gratefulness increases

well, i finished the fridge, the pantry and the medicine cabinet and the
cabinet that all the tea, coffee and cereal is in. I did some more of my office, and
just went and bought some storage solutions for my partners business - this
organization stuff is infectious!

Sometimes I think 'wow i should be spending time on things that are going to bring
in $$ this week' but then I realise that while I'm spending the time doing menial tasks, its
putting my brain into a relaxed state - which is allowing some great ideas to filter through, not
to mention that now each time i open a cupboard or walk into my office space I'm now not thinking 'oh I have to do that' or ' oh i need to clean this' etc.

Really grateful for that this week, also watching the tragedy unfold north of me, I'm grateful that
I have food, shelter, my own warm bed, my animals are high and dry (we were in severe flooding in 2009 and nearly lost several of our horses). I'm grateful that we got through that, I'm grateful to be a part of a community and a country that just has amazing attitudes - flood victims who have lost everything, are still joking and laughing, helping their neighbours, strangers are sleeping on strangers lounge room floors, facebook groups have been made, have raised money and have saved I cant say how many animals through their efforts to not only find people who can help, but provide a register of sorts for anyone that can offer aid or in need of it. I don't think I have ever been so grateful for the Internet in all my life,

with sadness, happiness, love and gratitude.

x xtk

No comments:

Post a Comment